Here's an excerpt from MarCom's bylaws, describing organizational goals.
- To provide members with insight and tools that will help them be more effective in their jobs.
- To promote the value of sound public relations and communication practices in the business environment.
- To foster an open dialogue with various individuals and organizations engaged in communications efforts that affect the community.
- To support and guide local college students and emerging professionals pursuing a career in related fields.
Spokane MarCom strives to meet its goals by:
- Holding monthly meetings and annual workshop(s) with high-quality professional development content.
- Sponsoring the annual Spark Awards to recognize the best local work in the integrated marketing communication industry.
- Sponsoring two or more internships each year to develop the next generation of marketing and communication professionals.
- Providing formal and informal networking opportunities to its members.
- Speaking out publicly on behalf of the marketing communication profession when appropriate.
- Other activities as deemed appropriate by the board.